A family event for all ages, the UBC Apple Festival celebrates one of British Columbia’s favourite fruits. From children learning about the diversity of apples to those who remember tasting heritage apples in their youth, the Apple Festival is a great opportunity to not only discover more about this delicious fruit, but have a whole lot of fun doing it!
Every year, the Botany Enthusiasts Club attends the Apple Festival as a group and participate in the activities.
Apples and Apple Tree Cultivars for Sale
- More than 70 varieties of heritage, new and “tried and true” varieties are available, grown both conventionally and organically
- 100 or more varieties of Apple trees grafted onto dwarfing root stock, perfect for the home garden or patio, will be available
Apple Tasting Tent
- 60 varieties of new and heritage apples grown in British Columbia
- Friends of the Garden “published in-house” Apple Booklet, available for purchase at the event listing the history, propagation needs and features of more than 100 varieties
Food Fair & Craft Vendors
- Apple pies, candy apples, hot apple cider and apple chips
- Hot and cold food cart vendors
- Craft and gift items
- UBC Herbarium merchandise
Attractions at the Garden
- Be sure to spend some time exploring our beautiful Botanical Garden
- Take a “walk in the trees” on our treetop Canopy Walkway
- The Shop in the Garden features an exciting array not only of apple-related merchandise but also tools, books and gifts
- Our Garden Centre has a wide variety of fruit and ornamental trees and hundreds of plants for your garden
Club members receive a 50% reimbursement for the entry fee.
For more information, check out the Apple Festival webpage.